ROOT3’s mission statement emphasizes the importance of personal and professional growth. Throughout my time as an intern, I have prioritized this mission and, as a result, have expanded my knowledge of the world of B2B marketing. In addition to witnessing B2B marketing strategies in action, ROOT3 has broadened my scope of many other aspects in the workplace.
Here are the Top 5 Lessons I Learned as a ROOT3 Intern:
- Being Curious is a Good Thing – After only a few days working at ROOT3, it was apparent to me that questions are encouraged and appreciated. As an intern, this was imperative in becoming acclimated and successfully completing projects.
- Search Engine Optimization (SEO) – Grasping the ins & outs of SEO certainly proved its challenges. However, after learning how to identify and incorporate relevant key phrases, SEO titles, and meta descriptions, I was equipped to positively impact our clients’ organic web traffic.
- How to Conduct a Web QA – Although some would regard a Web QA as tedious, I found it to be one of my favorite projects. Prior to launching several websites, it was rewarding to comb through various web pages to spot and correct errors, with the goal of enhancing the efficiency and impact of a client’s website.
- Adaptability is Key – In the midst of a pandemic, ROOT3 has set an example of how to be adaptable while implementing effective strategies for clients. As an intern, I picked up on this quality and learned to remain flexible within the needs of team members as well as clients.
- 9am Zoom Meetings are Surprisingly Fun – Each morning I looked forward to our team meetings, where everyone shared professional wins, personal anecdotes, funny stories, or even concerns about the future. These daily check-ins are a true testament to the company culture at ROOT3, as it is a community dedicated to being welcoming, open-minded, and making everyone’s voice feel heard.
Even though we are living in unprecedented times where Zoom is the new norm, ROOT3 has remained committed to its clients and team (including interns!) while simultaneously taking steps to make a difference. I am grateful for my experience as an intern at ROOT3 and the multitude of lessons I learned this summer!