For the second consecutive year, Root3 Marketing is spearheading the Veteran Career Summit to help companies develop, grow, and enhance their veteran workplace initiatives. Sponsors this year include Exegistics, the ICATT Apprenticeship Program and York Solutions.
“The business community responded to last year’s event in a big way, showing us how high they are prioritizing efforts to launch or strengthen their veteran hiring programs,” says Root3 CEO Scott Christiansen. “We have expanded the program in its second year to provide more topics, more perspective, and deeper expertise. We are proud the veteran summit is elevating an important conversation and helping businesses deliver on their commitment to hiring more veterans.”
Panel discussions and speakers include:
Keynote: Veterans: A Natural Fit for Closing the Skills Gap & Meeting Future Needs
- Victor LaGroon, Diversity and Inclusion Veterans Employment Advisor
Panel 1: Driving Growth in the Workplace Through Veteran Hiring
- Courtney McDonough, Groupon Recruiting Manager
- Megan Everett, Robert McCormick Foundation Program Director
Panel 2: Transferable Skills that Veterans Bring to the Table
- Nicole Mandeville, Illinois Department of Veteran Affairs Senior Program Manager
- Ted Lucas, Expeditors Personnel Development Manager
- Todd Jones, Paramount Bank President
Panel 3: The VOSB/VOB Designation: Why hire a VOSB/VOB and what is a Veteran Business Owners’ obligation to the workforce
- Stephen Olds, Exegistics Founder & CEO
- Brandi Will, York Solutions SVP, Strategic Partnerships & Veteran Programs
- Jeff King, National Veteran Business Development Council Operations and Compliance Manager
Panel 4: Innovative Programs to find, hire, train, manage a Veteran Workforce
- Mario Kratsch, Head of Industry Consortium for Advanced Technical Training (ICATT) Apprenticeship Program and Vice President of GACC Midwest
- Darienne Page, Lyft Senior Manager of Community Affairs
- Silvia Hinton, York Solutions Vice President, Program Development
The event is taking place Thursday, July 11, at mHUB Chicago from 8:30 a.m. – 12:15 p.m.
“This is the conference for organizations who are ready to take action building their veteran program or improving it,” says LaGroon. “Veterans need more organizations like Root3 who are not veteran owned, but who still want to get involved and make a difference. They took the time to really understand the needs of businesses and veterans and have developed a program that will provide incredible value to both.”
Click here to find the full agenda and register for the event.
To join the conversation before, during, and after the Veteran Career Summit, click here.